Mirch ki sabzi step-by-step recipe.
About this recipe
Mirch ki sabzi is a dry curry that is made with mildly-spiced chilli that can be served with either roti or rice. This is a very simple dish that is ready in less than 15 minutes using besan (gram flour/chickpea flour), peanuts, and a handful of spices along with chillies.
It is a popular dish from the Indian state, Rajasthan. Rajasthan is a dessert, and so Rajasthani food is deprived of much use of fresh vegetables. Chilli is used heavily in Rajasthani cooking. This is one such dish
This is a spicy, tangy, and flavourful dish that can be made with a handful of ingredients. The variety of chillies used to make this dish are usually thick, mildly spiced ones. The chilli flavour when paired with earthy peanuts and tangy amchur creates a burst of flavours. Depending on your preference, you may or may not remove the seeds of the chillies. This easy and quick dish is perfect for weekday dinners. Do try it!
Click here to see how to make curd chilli.
Mirch ki sabzi step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Cut and deseed chillies
2. Prepare the tempering
3. Add the chillies and saute
4. Add besan and fry for a few minutes
5. Add peanut powder and other spices
6. Mix well and simmer until completely done
Mirch ki sabzi
- 8-10 green chillies mildly spiced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ cup besan (gram flour/chickpea flour)
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ cup peanuts roasted
- 1 teaspoon amchur
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the chillies. Cut and deseed them
- Coarsely grind the roasted peanuts and set aside
- Heat oil in a kadhai or pan and add cumin seeds
- Once it splutters, add hing and turmeric powder
- Add the chillies and fry them on high flame until they are slightly charred and gets some blisters over it
- Reduce flame and add besan. Mix well and saute for 4-5 minutes
- Add ground peanuts, salt, amchur and garam masala. Mix well
- Sprinkle a few drops of water, cover and cook until the chillies are completely done, around 6-7 minutes
- Serve hot