Mooli paratha step-by-step recipe with photos.
Mooli paratha is a radish stuffed flatbread made with whole wheat flour. Made with atta (also called chapati flour or Indian whole wheat flour), these flatbreads are stuffed with grated and seasoned radish. This Punjabi breakfast is easy to make and make a great lunch box dish too. These mildly spices parathas tastes great when served with raita, pickle, and a dollop of butter.
To make mooli paratha, I grate the radish, mix it with salt and squeeze out the water. Then I mix it with spices and whole wheat dough, which I knead using the water from the radish. I then shallow fry the rolled parathas and serve. It is really important to squeeze out as much water as you can from the radish, else the parathas will break while rolling.
Simple breakfast dish that you will love eating any time of the day!
Mooli paratha step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Squeeze out all the water from grated radish
2. Mix radish with rest of stuffing ingredients
3. Mix well to make the stuffing for paratha
4. Use the water squeezed from radish to knead the dough
5. Let the dough rest for few minutes
6. Roll out a small disc of the dough and put stuffing in the center
7. Seal all the edges of the disc
8. Roll the paratha using some dusting flour
9. Place the rolled paratha on a tava or skillet
10. Flip and cook on both sides
Mooli Paratha served with raita, pickle, and a dollop of butter
FOR THE STUFFING:
FOR THE DOUGH:
TO MAKE THE STUFFING:
TO MAKE THE DOUGH:
TO MAKE THE PARATHA: