Refined sugar-free orange jelly in orange skin step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
Jelly is one snack that kids would never refuse to eat. And obviously, my kids love them. I am not a fan of store-bought jelly because of the amount of sugar, artificial flavours, colours and other chemicals in them. So I make jelly at home with fresh juice. It is very simple to make and takes just 10 minutes to put together and leave it to set. Also, I make them with honey so there is no refined sugar and nothing processed and artificial whatsoever.
While they can be set in regular silicon moulds, setting them in the fruit skin can be super fun and exciting way to present them. They make great party food too. In this recipe, I am using orange juice to make the jelly and setting them in orange skin cups. My little girl calls them "surprise oranges"!
Try this simple recipe and make an easy, fun recipe that will be loved by not just kids but everyone at home.
Click here for more such healthy treats that are refined sugar-free.
Step by step instructions
1. Squeeze the juice from oranges using a juicer
2. Clean all excess pulp from the skin so that they form cups
3. Pass the juice through a muslin cloth to remove all the pulp
4. Pour the juice in a saucepan and place on medium heat and add honey
5. When the juice just starts to boil, turn off the flame and add the gelatin. Mix well
6. Pour the liquid into the orange skin cups
7. You may also set the jelly in silicon moulds
8. Slice into a wedge shape when set and serve
Orange jelly in orange skin
- 4-5 oranges to make 2 cups of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 2 tablespoon honey or as per taste
- Squeeze the juice from oranges using a juicer
- Clean all excess pulp from the skin so that they form cups. Place them in a muffin tin or small bowls and set aside
- Pass the juice through a muslin cloth to remove all the pulp
- Pour the juice in a saucepan and place on medium heat
- Add honey and mix well
- When the juice just starts to boil, turn off the flame and add the gelatin. Mix well
- Pour the liquid into the orange skin cups. You may also set the jelly in silicon moulds
- Place them in the refrigerator until completely set
- Slice into a wedge shape and serve