Papdi chaat step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
Street food is a major part of Indian cuisine. There are so many varieties of street food found in India, the most common one being chaat. Chaats are the perfect combination of all the flavours and textures you can imagine – sweet, tangy, spicy, crunchy, soft. It is a burst of flavours in your mouth. We can never get over these little plates of wonder.
The variety and variation of chaats in numerous – pani poori, dahi poori, sev poori, papdi chaat, masala poori, ragda patties, chole chaat, and whatnot. I can’t think of more names or I will start drooling now! One such common chaat is papdi chaat.
Papdi is crispy fried dough wafers or crackers. These flat pooris are topped with potatoes, spicy yogurt, green chutney, and sweet chutney. Oh-so-delicious and quick to make when you have the papdi and chutneys ready. This is my take on this famous street food. Try it and treat your tastebuds 🙂
Click here for more snacks recipes.
Papdi chaat step by step instructions
1. Mix potato and spices.
2. Arrange papdi on a plate and place potato pieces on top.
3. Add yogurt, mint chutney, and sweet chutney.
4. Top with onion, tomatoes, coriander leaves, and chaat masala.
5. Top with sev and serve immediately.
- Boil and peel the potatoes. Cut them into small cubes. Mix them with ½ teaspoon amchur powder, ½ teaspoon red chilli powder and salt to taste
- Whisk the yogurt and mix ½ teaspoon red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder and salt
- Place 6-7 papdi on a place. Top it with potato
- Add yogurt, green chutney, sweet chutney on top
- Add onion, tomato, coriander leaves and chaat masala
- Garnish with sev and serve immediately