Pineapple gojju (pineapple curry) step-by-step recipe with photos.
Pineapple gojju is a sweet-spicy-tangy Karnataka dish similar to a curry. A ‘gojju’ a slightly thick curry that can be made with different vegetables like okra, bitter gourd, raw mango, but the best-tasting gojju is made with pineapples. It is a traditional dish that is a part of festivals and celebrations and is served at weddings too. It tastes great with steamed rice, neer dosa and set dosa.
You may use fresh or canned pineapples to make this dish. If you are using canned pineapple, make sure they are pineapple in juices and not the pineapple in sugar syrup. Also, I prepare the tempering for gojju using coconut oil as it adds a great flavour to it, but you may use any oil of your choice.
This delicious, traditional dish has a burst of flavours – it is definitely a must-try!
Pineapple gojju step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Combine pineapple pieces with 1 cup water
2. Add the ground paste and bring to boil
3. Let it simmer until the pineapple is completely cooked
4. Prepare tempering in a small pan
5. Turn off the flame and pour the tempering to the curry