Gluten-free pizza dosa step-by-step recipe with photos.
Dosa is crepes made with fermented lentils and rice and is a common breakfast food from South India. It is famous all over India and is even eaten as street food too. Several types of dosa are made traditionally but the regular dosa batter can be used to make fusion dosas too which tastes quite different from the traditional ones and are a great inclusion in your kitchen. This gluten-free dish is definitely a very healthy alternative to the regular pizzas.
I make this pizza dosa with freshly made pizza sauce with fresh herbs; however, store-bought pizza sauce can be used too. The dosa is rolled slightly thick similar to Mysore Masala
Pizza is something that is loved by kids and adults alike. Make this healthy alternative to regular pizza for some guilt-free indulgence.
For Pizza Sauce
For Pizza Dosa
To make the pizza sauce:
To make pizza dosa:
Pizza dosa step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Heat butter in a pan and add garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Add passata and mix well
2. Add fresh herbs and let it simmer until the sauce thickens
3. Chop the toppings of your choice
4. Take a ladle full of batter and pour it in the center of the tawa. Using the ladle or a small bowl gently spread the batter in a circular motion. Add butter
5. Add pizza sauce and spread it evenly
6. Add the toppings
7. Add cheese next and let it melt
8. Pizza dosa is ready to serve