Ramen stir-fry step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
Ramen is thick Japanese noodles made with wheat flour and has a soft and chewy texture. They are great to make soups and stir-fry. Ramen stir-fried with vegetables and a few sauces can be great for a quick meal. As with any stir-fry recipe, it is important to keep all the ingredients prepped and ready before you start cooking. It is also important to stir-fry on high heat so that the veggies retain their crunch. Keep a close eye on it while cooking to make sure they don’t burn and at the same time doesn’t turn mushy.
The star of the dish is a simple stir-fry sauce I make. It lifts the dish many folds and makes it taste so different from regular noodles/chow mein. Do try it and let me know your feedback.
Step by step instructions
Boil ramen as per packet instructions. Drain the water and set it aside (steps 1,2).
Prep up all the veggies (step 3).
In a small bowl, mix together sesame oil, red chilli paste and salt. Add soy sauce, and vinegar to it and mix well (step 4).
Add cornflour and mix well. The stir fry sauce is ready (steps 5,6).
Heat oil in a wok/kadhai/ fry pan and add ginger and garlic (step 7).
Add capsicum, carrot, spring onions, onion, and cabbage. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes (step 8).
Add bok choy leaves. Add the stir-fry sauce and mix well (steps 9,10).
Add the boiled ramen. Mix everything gently taking care the ramen does not break (steps 11,12).
- 300 grams ramen noodles (1 packet)
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red chilli paste or as per taste
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 small onion sliced
- ¼ cup cabbage thinly sliced
- ¼ cup carrots thinly sliced
- ½ cup capsicum thinly sliced (I have used a mix of red and green)
- ¼ cup spring onion thinly sliced
- 8-10 leaves bok choy thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic grated
- Salt to taste
- Boil ramen as per packet instructions
- In a small bowl, mix together sesame oil, red chilli paste and salt
- Add soy sauce, vinegar to it and mix well
- Add cornflour and mix well making sure there are no lumps. Set the stir-fry sauce aside
- Heat oil in a wok/kadhai/ fry pan and add ginger and garlic. Stir-fry gently taking care not to burn the garlic
- Add capsicum, carrot, onion, cabbage, spring onion and bok choy and stir-fry on high heat
- Add the prepared stir-fry sauce and mix well
- Add the cooked ramen and mix well until everything is combined
- Garnish with spring onion greens
- Serve hot with chilli paneer / chilli chicken or a side dish of your choice