Rich plum cake step-by-step recipe with photos.
Rich plum cake or Indian style plum cake/fruit cake is an all-time favourite Christmas cake for us. The traditional Christmas cakes are usually made using alcohol-soaked dry fruits. But I prefer to bake the cakes without any alcohol. This alcohol-free cake is easy to make and there is no fuss of soaking the dry fruits.
To make this cake, the most important step is to get the caramel right. The caramel gives the cake a rich dark colour. I make the fresh spice mix using clove, cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg, that I add to this cake. This recipe doesn’t call for soaking of dry fruits and can be made instantly just before a party or gathering.
Perfect for this festive season, bake it this Christmas or bake them for friends and family for a perfect hand-crafted gift 🙂
For more dessert recipes, click here.
Rich plum cake step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Chopped nuts, dry fruits, and spice mix
2. Melt the sugar in a sauce pan
3. Add water to the caramel
4. Heat the caramel again to melt hardened sugar crystals
5. Beat butter and sugar until light
6. Beat eggs and flour mix
7. Pour caramel into the batter
8. Add dry fruits and nuts and fold gently
9. Pour the batter into cake tin and bake
Rich plum cake