Roasted broccoli with garlic recipe.
Broccoli is well known for its health benefits and is considered a superfood. This hearty vegetable is a powerhouse of antioxidants as well as a rich source of dietary fiber and vitamins. This hearty vegetable can be classified as an edible plant. Broccoli is also known to reduce allergic reactions and inflammation. It is a great option for detoxification. Garlic too contains several health benefits. Broccoli combined with garlic is a very healthy and nutritious dish which is very easy to put together.
This was not a common veggie in my kitchen until I moved to Melbourne. But here, I make this simple dish very often and serve as sides. We are not a big fan of steamed broccoli but roasted broccoli is a hit in our home.
Roasted broccoli with garlic is a very simple and easy dish. Just 3 ingredients and a few minutes in the oven to make this unbelievably easy dish. All you need is broccoli, garlic, olive oil, and of course, salt. To make this dish, I wash and pat dry broccoli florets. I then thinly slice the garlic cloves and combine all the ingredients together. I bake it in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Sometimes, I squeeze in some lemon juice before serving, but that is totally optional. The dish is ready in less than 15 minutes.
Make these healthy, crunchy bites of goodness and you will never want to go back to any other way of eating broccoli.
Click here for more side dish recipes.
Roasted broccoli with garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic sliced
- Salt to taste
- Wash and pat dry the broccoli florets
- Preheat oven at 200℃
- In a large bowl, put together broccoli florets, olive oil, garlic slices, and salt. Toss them well to combine
- Transfer it to a baking tray and spread the broccoli evenly
- Roast in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the broccoli florets are cooked and slightly crispy
- Check for seasoning and sprinkle extra salt if needed
- Serve hot
- You may squeeze some lemon juice on top before serving
- Make sure you pat dry the broccoli completely before cooking. This will make them more crunchy
- Cut the broccoli into florets of the same size so that they roast evenly