Roasted capsicum and corn soup step-by-step recipe with photos.
A hearty capsicum and corn soup with a distinctive smoky flavour. This creamy and mildly sweet soup is so comforting on a cold winter night. Roasting the capsicum directly on flame gives a unique flavour to the soup. This easy soup is ready in less than 20 minutes and is made with just a handful of ingredients.
To make this soup, I first roast capsicum on an open flame. I then grind together corn kernels with milk. I add this along with roasted capsicum to onions that are sauted in butter. Seasoned perfectly, this soup is so comforting on cold winter nights.
Try this chunky, and creamy simple soup to stay warm on cold winter nights.
Roasted capsicum and corn soup step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Roast the capsicums on an open flame until it is completely charred
2. Corn and milk to be ground together
3. Heat butter in a heavy-bottom pan and add onions. Cook until they are translucent
4. Add the chopped capsicum and saute for 1-2 minutes
5. Add the corn paste and mix well. Add some water (1-2 cups) to adjust the consistency
6. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally
Roasted capsicum and corn soup