Sabudana vada in appe pan step-by-step recipe with photos.
Sabudana vada is an easy-to-make snack that can be included during vrat/fasting. This popular dish is made with sago pearls or tapioca pearls. Traditionally, sabudana vada is deep-fried, but here I am making it in an appe/paddu pan. Making them in this method is a healthier alternative. Sabudana vada is a perfect snack for Navratri fasting. Sabudana vada is also gluten-free and vegan.
For any sabudana recipe, the first step is to soak the sabudana. To make the sabudana vada, it is crucial to drain the soaked sabudana well. Drain all the excess water from the soaked sabudana and let it sit in a colander for at least 30 minutes so that all the water is drained out. It is also important not to over-cook the potatoes. Make sure they are just done and have not turned mushy.
You can serve sabudana vada with mint chutney or just as-is; they taste great either way. Do try this tasty, easy-to-make snack that is gluten-free and vegan.
For more sabudana recipes, click here.
Sabudana vada in appe pan step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Soak the sabudana in water for 30 minutes
2. Drain the water completely and add the rest of the ingredients
3. Mix well and knead into a soft dough
4. Pinch out a small portion and roll it into a ball
5. Place them into appe pan
6. Cover and cook over medium flame
7. Flip them carefully and cook again
8. Repeat until all sides are golden