Set dosa step-by-step recipe with photos.
Set dosa or set dosey is yet another popular breakfast dish from Karnataka. This popular breakfast dish is served in most fast food or tiffin centers in Karnataka. It is called set dosa as they are served in sets of 2 or 3. They are thicker, softer, and fluffier than regular dosas. They are similar to pancakes and are served in stacks, hence the name. The set dosa batter is also different from the regular batter. I also add yogurt to this batter, which makes it soft and fluffy.
This dish is great not only for breakfast and brunch but also is very good for lunch boxes as they stay softer for a long time. I normally serve it with vegetable saagu and chutney. Here the chutney I have served with the dosa is a pumpkin peel chutney. I must say it’s an absolutely delicious and unique combination. Do try it and let me know how you like it.
For a variation, try the classic Mysore masala dosa. You can find the authentic recipe here.
Set dosa/dosey step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Soak dal, rice and fenugreek seeds in sufficient water
2. Soak poha 30 minutes before grinding
3. Grind into a smooth batter and add yogurt
4. Mix well and set aside for fermentation
5. The batter next morning
6. Add salt and water. and mix well
7. Heat tawa and pour a ladle of batter
8. Add a few drops of oil or ghee and let it cook
9. Flip and cook on both sides