Sev is a popular Indian snack that is in the form of crunchy noodles, made with besan or chickpea flour. They are usually deep-fried in oil. Baked sev is a healthier version of this snack which is very close to the deep-fried one when it comes to taste and crunch.
The thickness of the sev can be changed depending on your preference. A chakli press or extruder is used to shape the dough and it comes with attachments of different thicknesses. It can be a great tea-time snack or can be added to different chaats (which is a popular Indian street food). If using in chaats, make a thin version of the sev. This simple and easy snack just gets better with the baked version.
Baked Sev step-by-step recipe with photos
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
2. Add water and knead into a dough
3. Fill the dough into chakli press
4. Press the sev onto a baking tray
5. Bake in a preheated oven as mentioned above
6. Break into small pieces once the sev is completely cooled