Deviled eggs, aka dressed eggs or stuffed eggs, are hard-boiled eggs that has been cut into half and filled with a creamy stuffing made with the yolk. Beetroot dyed deviled eggs are a very vibrant variation of the classic deviled eggs where the hard-boiled eggs are first dyed in beetroot to give the egg whites a nice pink colour.
They are not only a great party appetiser but they also a perfect healthy snack or great in the lunchbox too. My daughter loves eggs but when it comes to hard-boiled eggs, she doesn’t like the dry texture of the yolk. Making them this way is just perfect to fix that problem for her. You may skip dyeing the eggs and make simple and classic deviled eggs with the same recipe.
Beetroot-dyed deviled eggs
Beetroot-dyed deviled eggs step-by-step recipe with photos
- Prepare the beetroot dye
2. Soak the boiled eggs in the dye
3. Cut the dyed eggs lengthwise
4. Scoop out the yolk carefully
5. Mash the yolk and prepare the stuffing
6. Spoon in the prepared stuffing into egg whites
7. Garnish with chilli powder and serve