Jeera biscuit or cumin flavoured salty biscuits are simple, easy to make cookies that are perfect for tea-time. They are perfectly balanced being mildly sweet, mildly salty and lightly spiced. The distinct flavour of cumin adds a very unique flavour to these biscuits.
A cup of masala chai and jeera biscuits will lift your mood no matter how tiring your day is.
Butter – ½ cup, at room temperature
Powdered sugar – ¼ cup
Plain flour – 1 ¾ cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
Milk – 4-5 tbsp
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until light and creamy
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into it.
- Add cumin seeds and mix everything well
- Gradually add milk 1 tbsp at a time and knead together to form a soft dough
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line baking tray with baking paper
- Once the dough is rested, take a large ball and roll it into a disc using a rolling pin, to roughly 1 cm thickness
- Cut out small biscuits using a cookie cutter or a sharp lid
- Place them on the prepared trays
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Reduce temperature to 160 degrees and bake for another 5-6 minutes taking care not to burn the cookies
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container