Strawberry shrikhand step-by-step recipe with photos.
Shrikhand is a simple dessert made with hung curd (or yogurt). The hung curd is nothing but plain yogurt with all the whey drained out, making it very thick and creamy. This hung curd is then flavoured as per our likings.
Shrikhand’s origin can be traced back to Mahabharata and was first made by Bheem for Shri Krishna. It is a popular dessert in the western Indian states of Gujrat and Maharashtra.
I always make shrikhand with homemade yogurt. But you may replace it with Greek yogurt too. Shrikhand is ready in no time if hung curd is ready.
Shrikhand is a healthy dessert as it has all the probiotics and good bacteria from yogurt. Try strawberry shrikhand with poori for a heavenly meal.
I have earlier shared the recipe of shrikhand flavoured with saffron. Here I have used strawberries to make shrikhand. A chilled bowl of thick and creamy strawberry shrikhand is a perfect way to enjoy this delicious fruit. This exotic, delicious dessert is perfect for both your celebrations and just weekday sweet cravings.
For more Gujarati recipes, click here.
Strawberry shrikhand step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Place a muslin cloth on a bowl and pour the yogurt
2. Bring all the edges of the muslin cloth together
3. Tie the muslin so that it can hang and the whey can drip
4. Hung curd is ready the next morning
5. Process strawberries in a blender to get the strawberry puree
6. Transfer the hung curd into a bowl. Add powdered sugar
7. Add strawberry puree
8. Mix gently (take care not to over-mix it)