Beetroot halwa step-by-step recipe with photos.
Beetroot halwa or pudding is made similar to carrot halwa with subtle differences. This creamy, rich dessert is made with four main ingredients – beetroot,
Making beetroot halwa is easy, although it takes time and patience. To to make this dish, I saute grated beetroot in some ghee, simmer it in milk, and then sweeten it with jaggery. You may replace jaggery with sugar. I then finish it off with more ghee and cardamom powder which adds a beautiful aroma to the halwa.
Creamy, rich, healthy, and delicious dessert which is also quite filling will be loved by everyone in your family.
Follow my step-by-step recipe to make this decadent dessert and enjoy!
For more beetroot recipes, click here.
Beetroot Halwa step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Wash, peel and grate the beetroot
2. Saute grated beetroot with some ghee
3. Add milk and bring to a boil
4. Simmer and keep stirring occasionally
5. Add jaggery or sugar followed by ghee
6. Finish off with cardamom powder