Spring is here… and so are strawberries 🙂 With more picnics and barbeques getting lined up, there can’t be an easier treat to keep the kids happy outdoors. So easy to make and tastes divine. Surely a crowd pleaser, not just with kids, but adults too. After all, we all love chocolates and strawberries 🙂
I have adapted this recipe from the September issue of Coles magazine. I have skipped the food colouring – instead used milk and white chocolate. To make these beauties, I melted white and milk chocolate separately in a double boiler. I then placed them in narrow glasses and dipped the strawberries into the melted chocolate. I then decorated it with some sprinkles and coloured sugar. Done.
Try this and enjoy!
Strawberries – 10-15
Melting chocolate, white and milk – a handful each
Vegetable oil – few drops
Sprinkles and coloured sugar
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries. Make sure there is no water on them, as this will make the chocolate seize
- Melt white chocolate and milk chocolate separately on a double boiler or microwave in short bursts. Add a few drops of vegetable oil once melted
- Spoon into narrow glasses/cups. Dip the strawberries and place on a lined tray
- Add sprinkles and coloured sugar to decorate
- For the drizzles, place a small amount of melted chocolate in a sandwich bag and seal it. Make a small cut in the corner and drizzle
- Place them in the refrigerator for few minutes until set