Rose, cardamom, and pistachio – a perfect combination to make a decadent Indian dessert. Then why not bake a cake by combining these flavours together. The fragrance of rose, the flavours of cardamom, and the nuttiness of pistachio is a perfect match. It’s absolutely amazing how a teaspoon of rose essence, a pinch of cardamom, and a handful of pistachios can take a simple eggless sponge to a whole new level.
I have earlier shared my love for tutti frutti cupcakes and how much I love baking them. This one is similar, with subtle changes. I bake this cake in a bundt pan as it imparts a nice crust all over the cake. You may choose an equivalent square or round pan to bake it too. Also, you may replace pistachio with nuts of your choice.
I am sure this light, nutty, fragrant cake will be your new favourite.
Eggless rose, cardamom and pistachio cake
Eggless rose, cardamom, and pistachio cake step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Grease the bundt pan and add a few sliced pistachios
2. Whisk together yogurt and sugar until sugar dissolves. Add baking powder and baking soda to it and set aside for 5 minutes
3. Once the yogurt becomes frothy, add oil, rose essence, cardamom powder and salt
4. Add pistachios and combine gently
5. Add flour in batches and mix gently until all the flour is incorporated well
6. Spoon in the mixture into the bundt pan
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until the cake is completely done
8. Let the cake cool completely