Eggless tutti frutti cupcake step-by-step recipe with photos.
Tutti frutti cake is a childhood favourite of most people in India. Soft spongy cakes studded with colourful tutti frutti brings back so many wonderful memories for me. We have all grown up eating them in tea time snacks, lunch boxes, picnics, long journeys… Or mostly just like that! They are so good and one of our favourite cakes.
While they are great while baked like a pound cake and sliced, the cupcakes are even better. Baking them as cupcakes makes them softer and adds a golden crunch to the outside which tastes great and are perfect for lunch boxes too.
Our winter is over and we are heading towards warmer weather. Which means more outdoors, picnics and holidays. This one is perfect to carry along! Take along a few eggless tutti frutti cupcakes wherever you go.
Eggless tutti frutti cupcake
Eggless tutti frutti cupcake step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners
2. Coat tutti frutti and raisins with little flour
3. Whisk together yogurt and sugar
4. Mix in baking powder and baking soda
5. Once yogurt becomes frothy, add oil, vanilla essence and salt
6. Add flour in batches and mix gently
7. Add tutti frutti mix and combine gently
8. Spoon in the mixture into lined baking tin
9. Bake in preheated oven until cupcakes are completely done
Perfectly baked tutti frutti cupcake