Shrikhand is a simple dessert made with hung curd (or yogurt). The hung curd is nothing but plain yogurt with all the whey drained out, making it very thick and creamy. This hung curd is then flavoured as per our likings.
I have earlier shared the recipe of shrikhand flavoured with saffron. Here I have used strawberries to make shrikhand. A chilled bowl of thick and creamy strawberry shrikhand is a perfect way to enjoy this delicious fruit. This exotic, delicious dessert is perfect for both your celebrations and just weekday sweet cravings.
Strawberry shrikhand step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Place a muslin cloth on a bowl and pour the yogurt
2. Bring all the edges of the muslin cloth together
3. Tie the muslin so that it can hang and the whey can drip
4. Hung curd is ready the next morning
5. Process strawberries in a blender to get the strawberry puree
6. Transfer the hung curd into a bowl. Add powdered sugar
7. Add strawberry puree
8. Mix gently (take care not to over-mix it)