Tomato soup step-by-step recipe with photos.
If there is one thing that most Indians order at a restaurant, it's this – tomato soup. It is an integral part of every Indian restaurant menu. Obviously, tomato is the main ingredient here. It is very important to choose ripe, juicy tomatoes to make this soup. This luscious, rich soup is so satisfying and comforting on a cold winter night.
This simple, no-frills soup is my favourite soup. My daughter is hooked to it too (or for anything that has tomatoes in it)! The husband hated tomato soup until I started making it this way. So I am pretty sure this recipe is a keeper!
I don’t know if this is a restaurant-style or not, but definitely something that is loved by all of us and can impress a tomato soup hater.
Pair it with garlic bread and you have a perfect meal that will be loved by all.
Tomato soup step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Heat 2 tbsp butter in a fry pan or kadhai. Add peppercorn, bay leaf and garlic
2. Once the garlic turns golden, add onions and saute for a few minutes
3. Add tomatoes and salt
4. Cover and simmer until the tomatoes are completely done. Cool completely, discard the bay leaf and blend using a blender
5. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a fry pan and add plain flour. Saute for a few seconds
6. Add ½ cup water and mix well. Keep stirring and make sure there are no lumps formed
7. Sieve the blended tomato mixture and add to the flour mix
8. Add mixed herbs and sugar. Check for seasoning and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes
Tomato soup served with garlic bread