Veg manchurian step-by-step recipe with photos.
Veg Manchurian is an Indo-Chinese fusion dish that adapts Chinese cooking techniques and seasonings to suit Indian taste buds. The Indian Chinese cuisine is said to have been developed by the small Chinese community that has lived in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) for over a century. Today, Chinese food is an integral part of the Indian culinary scene. It is enjoyed by Indian communities throughout the world.
There are two components in this dish - the Manchurian balls and the Manchurian sauce. Manchurian balls are made with cabbage, carrots, beans, capsicum, and spring onions which is combined with flour, breadcrumbs and then deep fried. The Manchurian sauce is made with soya sauce, vinegar and red chilli paste. Both the Manchurian balls and sauce is flavoured with loads of ginger and garlic.
Veg Manchurian served with Hakka noodles is a delightful meal that tickles all your taste buds – hot, spicy, tangy, sweet. Try this dish loaded with veggies and absolutely no MSG or additives and delight your tummy 🙂
For more Indo-Chinese recipes, click here.
Veg Manchurian step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Finely chop/grate all the vegetables
2. Add rest of the ingredients for making the veg balls
3. Combine the mixture well
4. Shape the mixture into small balls, using very little water if needed
5. Deep fry the veg balls
6. Deep fry the veg balls until golden and crispy
7. Saute ginger, garlic in oil
8. Add onion, capsicum, chilli, spring onion
9. Add soya sauce and vinegar
10. Add rest of ingredients along with water and simmer the sauce
FOR VEG BALLS:
FOR MANCHURIAN GRAVY:
TO MAKE THE VEG BALLS:
TO MAKE THE MANCHURIAN GRAVY: